Disincentive/Feta's Reviews > Destiny

Destiny by Laura DeLuca

Jul 29, 12

bookshelves: from-author, signed, review, best-2012
Read from May 22 to June 13, 2012

HEAD TO MY BLOG FOR PHOTOS OF MY FAVOURITE, AMAZING QUOTES. GO. http://disincentive-reviews.blogspot....

I have written this review like, 3 times already. First one on my phone, then it broke down and I wrote it once again… And my phone broke for the second time. Hi, I’m the lucky one. So here’s the third review – that’s why it took me so long.

I haven’t fangirled over a book so much since I read Harry Potter for the first time. Writing a review for this one is just hard as there WASN’T A SINGLE THING I didn’t like. No cons, only pros.

Let’s start with an amazing writing style – this one has it. It makes you blend into Destiny. It’s not so-sophisticated-that-you-need-to-read-it-with-dictionary. It’s simple but somehow beautiful. Dialogues are natural and witty. I marked my favorite quotes and I’ll show you a few of them.

Characters are simply loveable and real. Nothing more to say.

Laura handles a lot of topics… Easily. Want a list? Homosexuality, alcoholism, rape, sex (everything PG), murder, cancer, orphans, religion, friendship… So many topics and everything was developed and described perfectly.

I’m a Christian and this book is full of wiccan magic, but I wasn’t bothered at all. There is a part about Gabby’s Christian friend dealing with her magick, too.

I have one big problem with YA books – they seem too predictable for me usually. Plain. Simple. Name it how you want. Not this one. The plot has a lot of twists which keeps you concerned until LAST WORDS ON THE LAST PAGE. Literally.

This is one of my favorite books ever. Now, I suggest you spend a funny amount of money, 0.99$ on Destiny ebook. Yes, 0.99$ on PURE AWESOMNESS. You won’t regret it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destiny.

05/22/2012 page 47
06/03/2012 page 85
31.0% "fafdjksdajkfsda perfect"
06/12/2012 page 247
89.0% "I'M DYING oh my god"
06/13/2012 page 278
100.0% "Oh my. how awesome! *.* I need more!"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Laura DeLuca Yeah! Can't wait to hear what you think!

Disincentive/Feta Sorry I started to read so late! I'm loving it so far :) And while I was reading at school I read some of parts to my friends and they already want to read it. So I'm going to lend it to them when I finish! :)

Laura DeLuca I just switched computers and lost you email. But I wanted to see if you would write a review of the Destiny books on your blog. I can give you a code for Smashwords to get Destiny Unveiled for free -Just shoot me an email:)

Disincentive/Feta I need to finish this one, then I'll email yo! I'm always willing to review your books as after those 47 pages I love your writing style so much.

Laura DeLuca I actually already have a code set up that I sent to another reviewer. Its only good until 5/29, so if its okay, I'd like to try to get it to you now. I try not to bug the publisher too much if I can help it :) No rush reading it though. Take as long as you need.

Disincentive/Feta I sent you an email! :)

Laura DeLuca Thanks so much for this amazing review! You have completely made by day!