Nicolle's Reviews > Grave Mercy

Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers

May 10, 12

Read from May 04 to 10, 2012

OMG, Where do I start? First and foremost I loved the main character Ismae. I felt that she was portrayed/written perfectly. I thought it would be diffucult for the author to be able to describe thoughts or actions of someone who is living the life in a sanctuary with nuns but is also an assassin. It was done perfectly,she was human with a bit of bad ass in there. I really enjoyed all the other charaters and felt that everyone of them added to the story. I did not get the feeling sometimes in a book like certain characters are thrown in just to fill the pages. They each had a clear and obvious purpose and whether they were good or bad I loved them all. I love this period in time and have always been drawn to this era. I felt the author did a great job keeping in line with her dialoge and descriptions. I enjoyed the way that she played out the requirements for succession and the need for alliances. It was on the mark with alot of other historical books out there as far as the way the daughters of nobles were given to the highest bidders and the deceptions of a court. It is young adult but the author did not "dummy" down the book. I will definately be waiting for the next book in the series to see what happens with all my new friends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Mercy.