★Ruth★'s Reviews > Slammed

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Apr 10, 2012

bookshelves: female-pov, death, angst, series-read-na-romance
Read from July 24 to 25, 2012

OK So I totally wasn't expecting this book to be what it was about.(And I'm not going to say here cause it'll wreck the surprise)

I, incorrectly, made the assumption that it was band or music related as it had been recommended to me as a good read after Thoughtless and the cover had a stage on it etc. It's not.

Also I am not a huge fan of poetry in any form but in this scenario it really worked for me.

I wasn't overly keen on Lake but by the end she had won me over. She acted a little immature & stupid for me in the first half of the book but it helped to emphasis the mature decisions she made later in the book & we got to see her growth.

Will is so sweet & romantic & just wants to do the right thing by everyone regardless as to whether he is happy or not.

Overall I really liked this but it just fell short of me LOVING it.

And OMG I nearly forgot Eddie....Eddie is awesome! The part with her 18th birthday had me in floods!
I'm loving how a lot of YA authors are writing wonderful female best friends. Every girl needs one :)

I would say that this is the older end of YA IMO. There aren't any sexy scenes but they are 18 and 21 and there is some cussing and adult themes etc.
Well worth a read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slammed.

01/01/2014 marked as: romance-ya
01/01/2014 marked as: series-read-na-romance

Aestas Book Blog I can't wait for you to read this :)

★Ruth★ It's on the TBR it just a question of funds & time now ;)

Aestas Book Blog Totally understandable :) it's worth being at the top of the pile though

Kristy This book was the best I've read all year. You should definitely put it at the top of the TBR pile!

message 5: by Karla (new) - added it

Karla Nice review Ruth!

Louise I really enjoyed this Ruth , just starting part 2 I'm hoping its just as good.

★Ruth★ I haven't read it yet Lou, I thought it ended kinda perfect the way it did so not sure where the sequel is gonna go, let me know how you get on :)