Esha Agrawal's Reviews > Anna Dressed in Blood

8219870
Apr 10, 2012

liked it
Read in April, 2012

This is going to be a quick one.

Just a intial note: Am I the only one who thought that by the end of the book, the title no longer fitted? I mean all the attention was taken way from Anna to youknowwho. I really wished that this entire book was dedicated just to Anna and her entire story alone because she is such a amazing character. Also I wanted more information about Cassio's dad so if that were in another book it would have been great.

What I didn't like:

Cas and Anna together. ANNA IS A GHOST. I don't understand why and how everyone just seems to forget that especially Cas and just starts treating her like a normal human being. I almost laughed when Anna was travelling by car! At one hand, she can turn from this normal looking girl to the "dead goddess" but on the other hand she feels completely human and flesh? Hence, when kissed I was a bit thrown off. All that seemed to going on in my head is that you do not kiss a ghost when you are in the process of dying and are gonna face your dad's killer in like 5 minutes.

Cas when he is in his self-assuming phase. I just found it so very irritating plus the act that he keeps mentioning that he is the only one who can kill ghosts. WHY???

The disappearance of Gideon by the end of the book.

Cassio's mom. Isn't she at all afraid for Cas? I mean Cas almost died at Anna's house but she completely acts normal. The fact that a ghost killed her husband should mean that she would never ever want to be near ghosts again. Which is why I lived the parts where she acted like a typical mom especially when wanted to pack up leave.

Conclusion: I don't really read too many books but my friend was urging me to read this for a long time soo... Maybe my expectations were to high or I am more sceptical than I think I am or my imagination isn't good enough. But I would recommend this book to other people as it does genuinely have a really good plot and does the description absolutely perfectly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna Dressed in Blood.