Audrey Grant's Reviews > Harvest of Rubies

Jul 06, 12

bookshelves: christian-historical-fiction, won, own
Read from June 14 to 23, 2012

Won from MP News Room
Of all of Tessa's books that I have read so far this one is the one that seems the least "Bible".
Let me explains what I mean by that. I love how Tessa writes about Characters from Bible times and brings them to life in a new, real and personal way. She ties History, Personalities from Bible stories and Places together and makes them come alive, giving us an overall picture of the time, place and story.
But this is the first one I have read that had so little to do with an actual part or story from the Bible that I could go back and read and say "Ah, That makes that come alive or Wow that make it so clear or ties it together for me!
Other than the fact that her cousin was Nehemiah and both were in King Artaxerxes' court, that was all the "traceable" part of the Bible I could find.
NOW~that being said...As a book about Bible TIMES with a clear story of God's Love, Direction, and Work in Sarah's life, this is a beautiful story! I loved it! It is on my 5 Star shelf here at home and will be read many times I am sure!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harvest of Rubies.