Barb Lie's Reviews > Tangle of Need

Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh

May 30, 12

bookshelves: my-favorites
Read in April, 2012

Tangle of Need is the 11th book in Nalini Singh’s Psy/Changeling series. When I started this book, I felt it would be a letdown after reading Kiss of Snow. I adored Hawke and Sienna. But I have to say, Nalini does it again. It is amazing how she continues flawlessly the storyline, and brings in a new romantic couple.

Tangle of Need belongs to Riaz and Adria, both wolves from Snow Dancer. Yes, we stay with the wolves in this book. We do get to see some of the Dark River leopards, but this book is mostly the Snow Dancers.

What I loved the most about this book, was that though we got to enjoy the romance between two dominant wolves in Riaz and Adria, we saw a lot of Hawke and Sienna. It was so great to spend time after their mating ceremony in Kiss of Snow with them. Love love them together. We get to see Mercy and Riley also, and that was fun…with a special surprise coming their way. Lucas and Sascha, even a funny scene with Faith. Of course we also spend time with Judd..he has turned into a wonderful character. We also see so many other Snow Dancers, and that is something Nalini does so well. She has great characters, and uses them so well.

Riaz is a Snow Dancer Lieutenant, who found his mate, only to find her married and in love with someone else. This accounts for his belligerent attitude early on. Adria, who is Indigo’s aunt, is a top Snow Dancer soldier. She broke up with her dominant other, and finds herself totally attracted to Riaz. But Adria fights this, as she wants nothing to do with another dominant man, whom she feels she cannot trust. So at the start, both do not like each other, and try to avoid any contact. But suffice to say, that doesn’t happen and the two are drawn to each other, especially sexually. There are difficult times ahead, but as they begin to learn to enjoy their sex, learn about the other, things begin to change. It is really nice to see how Adria totally understands the dilemma Riaz is in having met and rejected by his true mate. She becomes more sympatric towards him, and also finds herself falling in love with him. Adria is willing to break her own heart, to allow Riaz to have his happy ending. But Riaz also begins to fall in love with Adria, and despite his unable to do the mating bond, he fights to keep her. This is really a very nice romance.

The story continues with the Human Alliance; the Pys Council, fighting each other; more changelings packs trying to form alliances with Snow Dancer and Dark River; and the Pure Psy group, all trying to assume control. Three main Psy characters had a bigger part in this story, Kaleb, Vasic and Aden. I expect to see more of them, perhaps their own stories along the way. Of course, the mystery continues as to who is the Ghost. This part of the story with the pys was exciting and we do learn a lot more, and Nalini slowly brings us along. The ending was excellent, even to the last surprising page.

This was such an enjoyable book, seeing our favorites, and with everything flawlessly falling into place. I can’t get enough of Nalini Singh and this wonderful series.

Barb
The Reading Cafe
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tangle of Need.