Bianca's Reviews > Hana

Hana by Lauren Oliver

Apr 10, 12

bookshelves: ebooks, reviewed
Read on April 10, 2012

I adored Hana, Lena's best friend, and her vivaciousness in Delirium, so I was excited that she would be getting her own story. Hana takes place during the time of Delirium but now we're seeing the story through Hana's eyes. I was bummed that the fun-loving girl we knew from Delirium is gone, but considering the events that take place in Hana, it is understandable. The best part of Hana is the best part of any Lauren Oliver read, in my opinion: the writing, which was lovely and powerful, just like it always is.

Would I say that Hana is a must read? Well, no. I don't think it's critical in the overall series as for the most part, it is just a rehash of some of the events that took place in Delirium from a different point of view. However, there was one very significant reveal right at the end of Hana - a true 'oh my gosh' moment - but I can't say I liked it. I find it difficult to believe Hana would rat out Lena to the regulators for such an immature reason. I needed more development and explanation in this instance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hana.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Maya I agree I need some more explaining in the end. Like did she rat out Lena? But she helped her escape

Becky Dann I feel like Hana would rat Lena out mainly because of jealousy. Everyone knows jealousy can get the best of people. Also in Delirium when Lena is being held by regulators and Hana comes to her side and agrees to give a message to Alex I think it shows that she feels immense guilt for ratting her out.