Lou's Reviews > Blackbirds

May 19, 12

bookshelves: arc, mystery-thriller, supernatural
Read from April 16 to 18, 2012

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

A story featuring a main protagonist Femme fatale, I can see the future kind of gal.
She knows how you will die, when you will die year, day, hour and minute, but she does not know where it will take place exactly. The location is a mystery for her to solve.
She considers herself in this story as a hideous little no good-nik. She says she does horrible things and has horrible thoughts. Curses, drinks and smokes.
I reckon she still has heart and guts.
Change the course of fate can it be?
This dwindling answer constantly doing a circuit round her brain.
One character Louis she unearths love for, a trucker, whose fate of a bloody end has already been see by her touching him like many others. This guys end she simply can't let it be and is one she won't just let pass by as fated.
That 'can I change the future?' question even more behind her mind, can I change this mans end a fateful bloody end?
He's used an unique style of writing in this story that at first seems a bit disorientating but after a chapter of two hooks you in line and sinker and adds to the fast past paced series of occurrences. This is no grand work of literature but a crime story with supernatural strain delivered in a unique style of his own.
There's plenty of dark humour, thrill and things you would want your kids to read about like foul language and sex. Bad assed characters, slick and original awesomeness!

He has an awesome website that has everything to do with writing and his novels. He gives great advice on writing: @ http://terribleminds.com/

Podcast: Interview with Chuck Wendig, Storyteller: @

Also @ http://more2read.com/review/blackbirds-miriam-black-1-by-chuck-wendig/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blackbirds.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 3: by Marts (new) - added it

Marts  (Thinker) this sounds quite interesting, awaiting your review Lou...

message 2: by Lou (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lou Marts wrote: "this sounds quite interesting, awaiting your review Lou..."

Thanks!

Eyehavenofilter I think I LIKE it!