Kelly's Reviews > Main Attraction

251943
Apr 10, 12

bookshelves: erotica, ebooks, free-ebooks, read-in-2012
Read from April 09 to 10, 2012

I am always completely intrigued by the idea of a new twist on well-known fairy tales. The fact that this particular twist threw in a decidedly sexy bent was an added bonus. In this case, Edna is the sorely maligned wicked stepmother who's been forced to use her reputation as a hard-ass because of Queen Cindy's lies about her. This isn't the life Edna wants but she has no other choice. Enter the sexy Captain of the Guard who sees right through Edna's tough persona and wants to take charge and show her a good time. And by "good time" I mean "give her lots of orgasms while she's submitting to him". Just so we're clear.

Edna's overwhelmed by Frank. Frank's instantly smitten with Edna. There's a stalker hot on Edna's trail that Frank has been tasked with protecting her from. Now, this could have been just a sex romp of the highest magnitude but, no. Edna's on the brittle edge after a year of no one believing her. It made her a sympathetic character and I liked that.

Like I said, I enjoy twists on fairy tales and this one hit the spot for me. I wasn't displeased with the length but I also wouldn't have minded it being a bit longer so we could see more of Edna and Frank getting to know one another and find their footing in a relationship where neither has to pretend to be something they're not. Fun, fast and sexy.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Main Attraction.