Marissa Masterson's Reviews > Ira Says Goodbye

F 50x66
Apr 10, 12

bookshelves: eced-221
Read in March, 2012

Ira Says Goodbye by Bernard Waber fits under the genre of contemporary realistic fiction. It is about two young children who are best friends. Reggie and his family are moving one hour away. The book is about how the two best friends cope with the upcoming move. This book fits under the literary standards. The characters in this book resemble real life people. There are illustrations on every page that put the text into picture. They are very helpful because you get to see the characters and not wonder what they look like. The main event in Ira Says Goodbye is about a best friend moving away. This is very plausible and many children can relate to it. The children reading this book may have dealt with this in the past or can be going through it now. They will be able to know that others go through these things too. The plot resolution was believable. What was contrived to happen at the end did happen. Reggie and his family did move away. But, he called Ira to come visit him the next weekend. The ending was predictable. I really enjoyed this book. I can't relate to it though because I never had to go through this experience. This book would be a great tool in the classroom. I will definitely use it in my classroom to help children cope with situations like these.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ira Says Goodbye.