Anne Osterlund's Reviews > Goose Chase

Goose Chase by Patrice Kindl

Apr 13, 12

Alexandria is a goose girl with serious issues. Like being locked in a tower by the King and the Prince who think that is the way to win her hand in marriage. And then there’s the old hag, who gave Alexandria diamond tears, gold dust dandruff, and looks as beautiful as the dawn. Which, of course, have contributed to Alexandria’s current “locked-in-a-tower” status.

Fortunately our fair heroine has twelve geese. Geese with the ability to poach mattresses off of clotheslines and turn them into the first flying Alexandria-get-away vehicle.

Unfortunately, Alexandria still has issues. Like the fact that one of her “suitors” is also a murderous plotter intent upon marrying her in order to fund his own attempts to usurp the kindom.

Goose Chase is a tongue-in-cheek fractured fairy tale full of original humor, a few powerful lessons, and one great surprise. I enjoyed Alexandria’s scathing opinions of traditional fairy-tale ideals. And I enjoyed even more seeing her dawning realization that perhaps her own judgment might also be a wee bit flawed.
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goose Chase.

Lola I love this book! It has humor and adventure!

Gabi Dear Ms. Anne Osterlund,
I enjoyed reading this book and would reccomend it to absolutley just anybody! With such a great sense of adventure, humor and loads of interesting characters, I will guarentee that you will LOVE this novel.
Sincerely,
Gabi;)

P.S. Let me know how you liked it. :)

Anne Osterlund Hi Gabi,

I really enjoyed it. My review is above:) Starting to recommend it to friends this week.

Anne
(who is reading at Powells in Portland this Sunday for the Honoring Rivers event)