Sarah Null's Reviews > Jane Eyre

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

193255
Sep 16, 07

bookshelves: classics, brit-lit, favorites, page-to-screen, page-to-stage, 1001-must-read, owned, high-school-reunion, bildungsroman
Recommended for: everyone
Read in February, 2007

I'd read this in high school but I wanted to read it again as I was reading The Eyre Affair. This is truly a masterpiece. It isn't easy to read by any means (the language is difficult and Bronte literally goes on for two pages describing a stone wall) but the story is so engrossing that it gets easier as you go.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jane Eyre.

Quotes Sarah Liked

Charlotte Brontë
“We know that God is everywhere; but certainly we feel His presence most when His works are on the grandest scale spread before us; and it is in the unclouded night-sky, where His worlds wheel their silent course, that we read clearest His infinitude, His omnipotence, His omnipresence.”
Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stephanie Weeks I'm reading this for my university now & I'm so glad you reviewed this one! I have to read the Cliff notes before I actually read each chapter because I do find the language difficult & I'm so glad I'm not the only one who finds the language hard. I love your reviews, have a great day:)