Cyn's Reviews > Therapy

Therapy by Jonathan Kellerman

Apr 09, 2012

Read in April, 2012

I've been finding many of the Alex Delaware novels somewhat 'meh' lately, but this novel redeemed the series a bit for me.

Sometimes I wonder why I keep up with the series because there are some things that grate on me:

The minute details of what a person wears, how they look, what they're eating, etc., etc., after 18 books of this, it feels a little over done sometimes.

Also, even though Alex Delaware is the protagonist of the series I actually don't feel a compelling connection with him as a character. The other players in the series feel more alive than Delaware himself. Alex often comes off as disconnected from the emotion of everything, almost non-feeling, empty, emotionally boring. It's hard to explain, but I can say it is frustrating as a reader. I suspect this won't change, and I probably will continue with the series (I've made it this far, after all).

What I liked about this latest entry was the depth of the plot - it was very well-done and didn't feel as 'out there' as some of the others did. Recommended for any Delaware fan.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Therapy.

02/28 marked as: read