Bev Hankins's Reviews > Titanic 2012

Titanic 2012 by Bill Walker

Apr 24, 12

bookshelves: mystery, review-copy
Recommended to Bev by: Cheryl "Mash"
Read from April 09 to 10, 2012 — I own a copy

View the complete post at My Reader's Block (http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/) on April 24th as part of the Partners in Crime Blog Tour!

What a breathtaking ride! Bill Walker has given us tale worthy of the original Titanic story as well as the epic movie by James Cameron to which many references are made and many comparisons may be found. I picked this up in the afternoon on April 9 and finished by afternoon on April 10--and if there hadn't been a need for sleep and a morning's worth of work I would have read straight through and finished sooner. An incredibly readable and unputdownable book. The characters are lively and credible and I instantly become involved with their stories. I wanted to know why every single one of the passengers had come on board--not just the ones whose stories are shared. As Maddy says after she has read the initial chapters of Trevor's book:

I kept wanting it to go on. When I reached the last page, and it wouldn't scroll any further, I actually got angry with you.

Well, I didn't get angry....but I was sad to have the book end. I wanted more. That is definitely a sign of a good author. And Walker has done what few authors have done with me--moved me to tears in the final chapters. A lovely tribute to the Titanic tragedy and a potent and poignant story of its own, Titanic 2012 will definitely stay with me for a long time to come. Five stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Titanic 2012.

04/09/2012 page 96