Crystal's Reviews > Art of Speed Reading People

Art of Speed Reading People by Paul D. Tieger

Aug 25, 2007

bookshelves: psychology-self-help
Recommended for: anyone who wants to interact with others more easily and productively
Read in August, 2007

This book was really interesting and helpful. I ate it up, slowly for greater retention. It's based on the premise that everyone has a type, out of the 16 Myers Briggs personality types, and that people can have difficulty relating to and communicating with people of other types. their solution is to teach you to recognize the cues for various types, so that you can identify the type of whomever you interact with, and then interact with them based on their type and yours. They call that part SpeedReaching, and the recognition part SpeedReading. I find myself trying to figure out everyone I encounter now, and it really does help to understand why they do so many of the things they do. It's especially helpful in the workplace, learning how to communicate with boss and coworkers more effectively, in a way that each of them will understand better. I recommend this book to EVERYONE! :) as long as you can handle a little personality theory, you will get great use out of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Art of Speed Reading People.