Nikki Brandyberry's Reviews > Flirting with Rescue

Flirting with Rescue by Sidney Bristol

Jul 16, 12

Read on May 29, 2012

Animal rescuer, Cody, doesn’t really have time for anything other than her job, which is fine because she loves what she does. Her job is her life. She doesn’t expect the local animal shelter to not only house some horses she needs to pick up, but on very hot Latin man named Scott.

Emotions run hot while Scott tries to convince Cody that taking a chance on herself for once. Scott knows that he wants more from this elusive woman and when a threat makes itself clear to her Scott realizes just how much she has come to mean to him.

My very first read by Sidney Bristol went extremely well! I enjoyed Flirting With Rescue and thought it was over much to fast. This could easily (well maybe not easily for the author) be expanded into something longer. Animal rescuer Cody is immediately attracted to the hunky Latino that runs the local animal shelter, Scott. And can you blame her? A yummy Latino man? Uh where can I sign up?

The relationship between Cody and Scott heats up fast….as in, within hours. Normally this would bug me but as a novella I’m okay with less relationship buildup because of the length. Bristol does a good job at making you feel like you get the full reading experience. A bit of intrigue, a good story line and a whole lot of sexiness.

The only thing that didn’t sit right with me was the threat to Cody. It’s very low key and I thought that could have been played up a bit more. A dark windowed car sitting beside her ranch just didn’t give me enough of a jolt, esp since it was easily seen through to the horse owners that wanted their property back.

Sidney Bristol is an excellent author that I believe shows potential for longer books. I can’t wait to pick up her newest, Personal Adventures!

I give Flirting With Rescue by Sidney Bristol 3.75 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flirting with Rescue.