Joyce's Reviews > Lover Reborn

Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward

May 01, 12

Recommended to Joyce by: Carey and Maggie :(
Recommended for: absolutley NO ONE!!
Read from April 09 to 30, 2012, read count: 1 and only 1 never to be read or looked at again

** spoiler alert ** This has to be the most bullsh*t ending I have ever read.. I knew I would hate this book and I was not let down there at all..It is getting two stars because I did like John and Xhex, although to me, that should have all been in their book and not this one.. What a total piece of crap as far as Thor went.. Everyone wanted Wellsie back and of course she can't come back from the dead but the boring worthless other one is more than welcome to come back from the dead.. At least Ms. Ward made no money from me on this one because I was able to borrow it from someone.. and that is saying something as I own all BDB books, even the GUIDE!!

And what about the fact that Thor and Wellsie were married for four hundred years. That meant that NO'ONe was in the in between for all that time, but Wellsie is only given 2 years? maybe to move on?? I also didn't care for Quhinn and Layla since through out the whole book it was she is like my sister, but it sure didn't end like they were family.. I actually liked Xcor and Layla... oh well, I am very glad this book is over for me...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Reborn.

04/09/2012 "wish me luck.. i can't believe i agreed to this..." 1 comment
04/09/2012 page 35
6.0% "Bored now..Thor should have done all that when Wellsie was killed but NO they had to leave it to Bella to kill the lesser that killed Wellsie..and what is all that Khardasian bullsh*t!! Going back to Secrets.. will try again tomorrow..." 1 comment
04/10/2012 page 48
8.0% ""It's about your stupidity creating a liability on the battlefield." Just goes to show men are idiots whether human or not.. Now my own feelings on this are, this should have been part of John and Xhex's book.. Can't wait to see how she reacts to this.. or maybe I can. Sacrificial Magic came to me today and I think I will be going to that one for now..."
04/23/2012 page 73
13.0% "oh come on now.. no'one is fixing Wellsie's wedding dress???!!!! UGH!!! I really hope you aren't in a hurry for your NOOK back Carey becasue this is going to take forever to read.. :) Ward is also reminding us of the fact that Thor knew her before Wellsie... I really don't like this book at this point at all..." 1 comment
04/28/2012 page 75
13.0% "REALLY!! This is the kind of crap you guys want me to read!! and i quote "He looked to the left and saw no one. Then he looked to the right and saw... No'One." OMG give me a break.. Where the hell is QUhinn!!!!"
04/28/2012 page 160
28.0% "Okay Maggie this one is for you.. On page 160 (nook wise) she has just used the word RESPLENDENT again. Only this time it is used to describe gardens.. I did get to see Quhinn and I am enjoying John and Xhex, but this Thor thing is ridiculous. He just finds out about Wellsie not being inthe fade and that is when he gets his first "REACTION" to No'One.. I really hate this storyline..."
04/28/2012 page 160
04/28/2012 page 161
28.0% "YOU LOVE HER TOO MUCH!!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! Are these not, at the core, ROMANCE books??!! Is this the line Carey? because I sure as hell cant imagine anything else as stupid and irritating as that line right there.. She should be ashamed of herself for using it in this of all books.. Unbelievable..." 3 comments
04/28/2012 page 277
48.0% "done for now, maybe forever.. :)"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Carey Not fair, i did not recommend.... i warned you!

Joyce Carey wrote: "Not fair, i did not recommend.... i warned you!"

what was the line.. and i believe you and maggie asked me to read it or maybe yous were just wondering if i would... i didn't read a lot of him and her together so if the line was in there i didn't even read it.. i diddn't like the line where he tells Lassiter not to force her.. I was like WHAT?? the whole story was about force.. i was so disgusted with the ending.. i hated the fact that she was there at the fade ceremony..just hated that whole part of the book.. wasn't too impressed with the scene between Blay and Saxton either.. I was surprised that Blay was the top..you have ruined me for stories like that now.. i will be expecting a LOT more details in their book..

Maggie Joyce could you be more specific because I am not sure what you didn't like about the book. Ok it was crap we told you but like a train wreck you had to see it to move on.

Joyce Maggie wrote: "Joyce could you be more specific because I am not sure what you didn't like about the book. Ok it was crap we told you but like a train wreck you had to see it to move on."

I agree and am very happy that that painful sad boring part of my life is now finished...

Adoore I agree with you. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to take their new lover to their supposedly soulmate's fade ceremony. It was just wrong.

message 6: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Thank you Joyce for reading this before me!! I still dont know if I really want to read it as I do NOT want to see Thor with someone else. But with that said I love John's story (side story?)I will read it eventually for that. Thanks for the warning ...