Carolyn F.'s Reviews > To Die For

To Die For by Linda Howard

Apr 14, 2012

bookshelves: audiobook, contemporary-romance, mystery
Read from April 09 to 14, 2012 , read count: 1

I loved the actual audiobook itself but the narrator did Blair's voice, a 30ish woman, as a quivery elderly Southern woman which did not fit. The rest of the voices she did well and the quivery-ness was fine for Blair's mom, but not for Blair.

Blair Mallory sees a member she recently kicked out of her work-out club killed and one of the police that came to the scene is a man she dated about two years ago who walked away with no reason why on their third date when she felt they had a connection. She pretends she doesn't remember who he is, which most women would try to do, to show he hadn't made that much of an impression although he had. Now Wyatt has to convince her he wants to stay with her and they have to try to find out why this woman was killed and if they are after Blair.

I've liked Linda Howard's book, but this one I loved. I loved the humor and all of the different characters were intriguing. I would recommend this book and even the audiobook.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Die For.

04/10/2012
8.0% "The narrator's voice is all geriatric shaky. I'm on the 2nd cassette and it's no better. Maybe she thinks this is how Southern women speak?"

message 1: by Caro (new)

Caro Voice was way too quivers and screechy for me. I loved the story, the ppl, and plot. The book was great but the narration was very off putting. Couldn't listen it the first time I tried!

Carolyn F. I do agree about the quivery voice Caro