Natalie★for the love of TBH!★'s Reviews > Slammed

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Nov 10, 14

Read in April, 2012

I got schooled this year
a
boy.

A boy that I'm seriously, deeply, madly, incredibly, and undeniably in love with.
And he taught me the most important thing of all...

To put the emphasis
On life

BEAUTIFUL. SMART. MEMORABLE.

★★★ ! I really wanted to give this book five stars, or higher. I was so excited to to read this one, and it almost, measured up to the standards I wanted it to hold. The beginning was filled with cuteness, and I was grinning from ear to ear,. My checks began to hurt. And then something happened. Not a big thing. But enough to make me loose a little intrest in the story. To much teenage drama for my taste. I really liked the hero, but the heroine was just to much I'll look forward to Will's POV in Point Of Retreat and I'll hope I'll like it better! Also, I am not really a fan of YA books usually so I guess maybe that mattered too. And it was to short. It felt like like I did not get to connect with the book, not really. And I wanted to connect more with Will, especially. hopefully in book 2. But it was a great read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slammed.

04/23
4.0% "Shit, i wasn't gonna start reading this today, i should be asleep...but, ya know...im a weak charackter. So far this book makes me feel all fuzzy and warm inside, a good sign...:)"
04/23
19.0% "Wow, this book is all kind of cute and sweet. I am all smiles right now. Love layken and will""
04/23
33.0% "Sooo good, but i have to sleep now. I'll be a walking zoombie toomorrow. I love the name layken btw."
04/26
75.0% "This is a wonderful book, no doubt abot that. The best i have read in a looooong time. Butttt, feel the little extra is missing, the ending will decide the ranking. Right now it is 4 stars."
04/28
100.0% "Reading this, i got a little anna and the french kiss-feeling, minus all the angst. But will has nothing to etienne, sorry. 4 stars for now, jury is still out."
01/22 marked as: currently-reading
01/22 "Re read 2. It's gonna be fun too see if I like this more this time, and if Layken annoys me more or less this time around."
01/22 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Britney Great review Nat and I definitely agree!! I gave it a 4 too and for the same reasons as you. However, I absolutley LOVED PoR!!! It gets MUCH better and you really can connect with all the characters. Don't give up yet!

Britney PoR was 5 BIG Beautiful Stars for me!

message 3: by Natalie★for the love of TBH!★ (last edited Jan 09, 2013 04:13PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Natalie★for the love of TBH!★ Thanks Britney!! I absolutely cannot wait to start it now. There is just so many books i wanna start, like NOW and i CAN'T decide!! Maybe i should just flip a coin??

Britney Natalie wrote: "Thanks Britney!! I absolutely cannot wait to start it now. There is just so many books i wanna start, like NOW and i CAN'T decide!! Maybe i should just flip a coin??"

I say start PoR ;)

Britney I wrote a long review for it bc that book touched my soul :)

Natalie★for the love of TBH!★ Either i start hopeless/take this regret/opal/this next i think...

Katina I'm reading this now. It is cute. I'm not normally a YA fan but After reading some Abbi Glines, I was interested in a bit more. However, I'm hoping its not too cutesy.