Anita Edwards's Reviews > Così Fan Tutti

Così Fan Tutti by Michael Dibdin

May 14, 12

Read from April 09 to May 13, 2012

Anyway, fun, but there are better reads out there and better reads from Michael Dibdin.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Così Fan Tutti.

Anita Edwards In some ways a comfortingly typical Michael Dibdin book, in others, an experiment that didn't quite work. Reinventing the Italian opera as a murder mystery may be a great writing exercise, but it probably should have stayed in the classroom or WIP file. But then, I've seen the opera a couple of times & would relegate it to the genera I call "dippy Italian"--mostly inoffensive, vocally decorative and having a humerously improbable plot no one takes too seriously. Kind of like a Louis quatorze chair with concealed piss pot.

message 2: by Polly (new)

Polly Chair with concealed piss pot?? HAR!!!