Jamie's Reviews > The Vampire Underground

The Vampire Underground by Brian  Rowe

Apr 09, 2012

bookshelves: books-i-own, e-books, kindle, review-copy, review-copy-from-author-publisher, ya, dark-urban-fantasy, favorites, recommend, vampires
Read from April 22 to 28, 2012

The Vampire Underground is...fantastic! I love vampire stories and this was no exception. I have been a fan of Brian Rowe for some time now and I just love his writing style and his stories.

Brin is a sixteen year old girl who love movies. Brin and her best friend have a film class together and are super excited when the teacher tells the class that they are going to make a five minute horro movie. Unfortunately they are separated into two different groups. Brin gets stuck with people she doesn't really know or like. Brin and her group head to the deserted ghost town of Bodie. She has to put up with the bossy outcast girl who has taken over the role of writer and director of their group. Little does she know that is only the beginning of her nightmare to come.

I literally felt like I was watching a horror movie and at times I felt like I was right there with them. The vampires in this story are not ones that you want to run into any time of the day. This book kept me up late at night because I couldn't put it down. It was intense, scary and a real page turner. There is a hint of romance, hopefully something to come in the next one. I actually liked Paul and hope things work out for him. You'll have to read the book to find out who and what he is. The last page, wow what a cliffhanger ending we are left with. I was like OMG and then it ended. I'm recommending this one, but beware these are scary, gory vampires with a bit of humor. I can't wait to read the next one!

This e-book was given to be by the author for review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vampire Underground.

message 1: by Ramonelle (new)

Ramonelle Hiteroza is it really good? :)

Jamie I just started reading it, but I like it so far.