Liv Katamanin's Reviews > In a Heartbeat

In a Heartbeat by Loretta Ellsworth

Apr 30, 2012

Read in April, 2012

This book is writen from 2 girls perspectives. Eagan is a 16 year old girl who loves purple lolliepops, to be called Dynamo, and most of all skating. When Eagan is 16, she dies in a skating accecedent when hitting her head at Nationals, whie doing her triple lutz. After she dies, Egan is placed in "the middle". The middle is inbetween life and death. At firt she is scared, and all she can see is grayness. Everything around her is gray. She can only hear murmers of all different types of voices...Until she meets Miki. When Egan meets Miki, she tells her that she has nio name. So egan decided to give her the name MIKi, because it is a name that Egan always wanted to have. At the end of the book, Miki shows Egan her life, and even shows Egan how she can talk to people, Which is through dreams. Egan even meets Amelia.

Ameila is a girl who loves to draw horses. 6 years ago, Amelia got sick really fast. Amelia had to take many diffect types of medisen and couldnt go to school anymore. Infact she could walk, eat all of the normal things that 14 year olds liked to eat, do any activitys, or even laugh. Amelias heart was very weak and would only be able for 3 more months if she hadn't gotten a heart transplant. On the day that Egan died, Amelias docters knew that Egans heart would be perfict for Amelia, so they called and told Amelia and her family the great news. After the surgary, Amelia started to feel differnt. She stated to want to get up and do sports. She even started liking purple lollie pops. Durring the surgary, Amelia had a dream that she was ridding her favorit horse, and the horses name was Dynamo. the identification of the family was a secret... but was Amelia that detemend to findout who was her donor? You just have to read to find out! :)

I love this book, and I recomend this book a lot! This book was very inspiring, and when I get older I might be an organ donor just like Egan. Even when my brother became an organ donor, I didn't think that it was a very good idea, but after reading this book... I defiantly will be one. I believe that if someone is needing a organ, and another person is already dyeing, but their organs are still helthy, they should donat them. I love this book, and it moved me a lot!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In a Heartbeat.