Vanessa theJeepDiva's Reviews > Nephilim

Nephilim by Mary Ann Loesch

Apr 11, 12

bookshelves: 2012, blog-tour, ebook, fantasy
Read from April 09 to 11, 2012

Faye is a very angry lady. She has lost her parents and fiancé. She knows her heritage so her beliefs in what actually happened to them are plausible. Her thoughts as to those involved are reasonable. Her anger at those she believes could have stopped it from happening is not unwarranted. Things are on the cusp of completely changing when her guardian angel Azal asks her to keep an eye on a potential rogue angel.

The angels have some issues with being completely honest. They never flat out lie, but they love omission. Faye’s guardian angel asks Nathan to help with Faye’s stalker. Azal has made keeping Faye close to Nathan easy by simply tasking her with discovering if Nathan is rogue. Nathan’s unique angel gift will make locating her stalker easy. There are things in her stalker ‘s past that are going to complicate protecting Faye.

There are many things to like about this book. A world with an angel who tattoos people to give their free will a boost is intriguing. Initially Nathan comes off as cruel, but there is more to him than a tattoo guy whose clients meet death soon after leaving him. The characters are plenty and the roles they play are vastly interesting. The angels seem to withhold information from others, so this throws doubt in every direction. I’m good with doubt, it allows for plot twists and the plot twists are many. I would see events steadily going in one direction and then something happened that changed everything.

I want to point out that Nephilim is not a romance. There is a mild romance with Faye and Nathan. There is a closeted, fade to black sex scene between them. As a romance fanatic and a total happily ever after whore I have to be honest in that I am not happy with the ending. The ending does make complete sense for angels and the fact that they are supposed to be good and angelic, but I’m still unsettled with how things ended. I would be tempted to read more of this world if I knew that there is more for Nathan and Faye.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nephilim.