Rhonda's Reviews > Dark Lake

Apr 09, 12

Read in April, 2012

Dark Lake by Louise Gaylord
4 STARS
I did not guess who the murder was till the end. This is an Allie Armington mystery. This is her first mystery that I have read and I don't think it will be the last one I read.
The only problem is they kept talking about an accident that got Allie escorted away from the lake years ago but not enough information on that but I guess that could be covered more in other books.
Allie has not been back to her family cabin for fifteen years. Her cousin and Aunt are waiting for her arrival her cousin has news to tell her.
When Allie finds the house to quiet. She goes to have a lemonade that her aunt always has here out on the balcony Shes sees her Aunt's body down in the water and calls the police. Than she wonders where is her cousin and searches the rest of the place and finds her cousin druged and tied upstairs.
Everyone is saying suicide but Allie says murder.
Allie plans to find out the truth but she finds meth labs first and more deaths.
Allie is brave and determined she does not give up. Allie has always wanted to know whats going on so she became a lawyer/PI.
Thier are a lot of suspects and reasons for what is going on their. The story keeps you guessing.
I was given this ebook to read in exchange for honest review from Netgalley.
10/01/2011 PUB Little Moose Press

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Lake.