Linda Lombardi's Reviews > God, No! Signs You May Already Be an Atheist and Other Magical Tales

God, No! Signs You May Already Be an Atheist and Other Magica... by Penn Jillette

Apr 09, 2012

I didn't mean to read this book. Technology forced me to.

I sat down to read something on my Kindle and the battery was dead. I finished all the magazines in the house, I looked sadly at my pile of unfinished books and remembered there were reasons I had stopped reading all of them. So the only thing left was my husband's Kindle and trust me that this was the only marginally reasonable choice.

I wasn't sure that spending several hours inside the head of Penn Jillette would be a wise idea. But he's actually a good writer and this is full of bizarre stories and arguments that are interesting even if you don't agree with them. It was one of those books that makes you lament the fact that highlighting things on the Kindle is much harder than just folding down the corner of a page. There were many clever turns of phrase that I'd type in here if only it had been easier to keep track of them. All I can provide is the one closest to the end of the book that made me stop and smile: "That's not just the camel's nose under the tent on a slippery slope, it's the whole camel on roller skates living in your kitchen."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read God, No! Signs You May Already Be an Atheist and Other Magical Tales.