Justyn Rampa's Reviews > Batman: Red Hood: The Lost Days

Batman by Judd Winick

Apr 09, 2012

bookshelves: batman, graphic-novels, powells
Read on April 07, 2012

I'm just gonna say it...I love Jason Todd!

Jason Todd is one of the most brilliant modern adaptions of a character in the Bat universe besides Damian Wayne.

While I didn't love Jason Todd as Robin, I became a big fan of him once he came back from the dead:-)

No one writes Jason Todd quite like Judd Winick and thankfully due to the success of "Under the Hood" by Winick (which builds off of the open door of bringing Jason Todd back opened by Jeph Loeb in Hush), "The Lost Days" explores what happened to Todd after coming back from the dead but before he becomes The Red Hood!

I don't want to reveal any spoilers but I could make a list of reasons why this book is brilliant! There is also one scene that is a bit of a button pusher for some readers and I certainly gasped out loud as well when I read it, but I think that the characters involved are messed up enough that I totally can see it happen. Also, Judd Winick is clearly a little kinky:-/

Once of the most brilliant aspects is the retcon that is established that end of this volume which leads nicely into Batman Hush.

Jason Todd and Judd Winick are a genius combination!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Batman.