Erica Chilson's Reviews > The Awakening

The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong

4182064
Apr 12, 12

bookshelves: 4-star, digital, hide-seek, nook, paper, urban-fantasy, young-adult
Read from April 09 to 12, 2012

Posted on: Wicked Reads

The Darkest Powers Trilogy- Kelley Armstrong

Overall I give this trilogy a solid 4 1/2 stars.

I was entertained from page one. The Summoning starts off like a horror flick. The trilogy has a slight creepy feel thanks to Chloe's abilities. I'm trying to review without giving any spoilers or letting on to the main plot.

I was fascinated with the way the story unfolded as Chloe deals with having Schizophrenia and living in a home for crazy kids. I enjoyed the characters and their individual powers and interactions among each other.

What I loved the most about this trilogy is the fact that it wasn't overpowered with sickening, sweet insta-love. The trilogy was about the story, the premise, the characters- not some outrageous love affair for 15 yr olds. Yes, there is an underlying love/crush that is built on friendship and bonding over circumstance.

The Darkest Powers Trilogy was a thrill ride with it's fast paced story flow, spooky scenes, action and excitement, sweet moments, strong bond of friendship, and an inventive paranormal premise.

I highly recommend this series to anyone 10 and up who loves paranormal young adult.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Awakening.