Estara's Reviews > Flirting with Intent

Flirting with Intent by Kelly Hunter

Apr 14, 12

bookshelves: ebook, read-in-2012
Recommended to Estara by: Li
Recommended for: fans of glitz and fast contemporary romance with great snappy dialogue
Read on April 08, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I get the feeling that shorter Kelly Hunter is actually better Kelly Hunter. These 120 or so pages novellas in this series are really good fun and concentrate totally on the interaction of the characters, while including a bit of a fun plot.

Ruby was given a job out of kindness by a rich businessman acquaintance of her father's, even though her father fled Hong Kong with multi-millions of illegal dollars - or so everyone thinks. Now it's Christmas and social secretary Ruby wants the West family to have everything just perfect during their family meeting in Hong Kong.

The first and not yet expected one to arrive is the youngest son, Damon West, of whom his father is proud but who he is also worried about. Sparks fly very soon between the accomplished and emotionally hurt Ruby and a tired Damon who wants to help out the more he finds out about her.

The trouble is that he could, but if he did, he would be handing secrets to Ruby that are of international importance and could put him in danger, too. (view spoiler)

The drama and glitz and the repartee and sex are beautifully balanced, so I should probably concentrate more on Riva romances by Hunter, than on the Harlequin ones.

ETA: The cover heroine looks nothing like the description of Ruby.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flirting with Intent.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Li (new) - rated it 4 stars

Li You know, I had no clue this was a different length to her other books - they come out as Riva here in UK, but I admit I am not up to date with the different M&B lines.

I'm glad you're enjoying her books anyway!

Estara Indeed ^^ - I'm pretty sure I'll follow at least the Wests to the end.