Toni's Reviews > Brody

Brody by Emma Lang

Jul 07, 12

bookshelves: kensington-arcs
Read from June 28 to July 01, 2012

Hold on to your britches, this is one rip roaring ride!

Olivia will not take no for an answer. If Brody has the answer to where her brother is, she will do whatever it takes to wring it out of him. Even put herself into dangerous situations. As the oldest girl in the family, she has had to be strong. But her heart broke when Benjy was taken from them. She was like his second mother to him and he held a special place in heart. So now that she knows that Brody is hot on the trail to finding him, she is going to help. Olivia is smart, resourceful and cunning and she will use her body, mind and tenacity to find her baby brother.

Brody is a singular man. He is alone in the world and he prefers it that way. After witnessing the death of his two brothers, the experience has hardened him and has made him a tougher man. Since he has started working the case of robberies and kidnappings in this Texas community, he has known Olivia Graham was a pain in the ass, but he had no clue. She has stuck herself to him like a burr and he can’t seem to get rid of her. Luckily she has surprised him time and time again and she has proven herself useful in more ways than one. Maybe this partner business is something he should reconsider.

From the Circle Eight Ranch to deep into hostile Mexico territories, they have worked side by side. Danger is lurking everywhere, but between the two of them, they will survive. This partnership may not be made in heaven, but it sure does make for some hot steamy desert nights.

When I read Matthew, I was intrigued by both Olivia and Brody. Olivia was such an unpleasant character, but she still showed a heart and Brody was a determined and strong Texas Ranger. I was very excited that their story would be next in the series. Let me just say….Ms. Lang did not disappoint!

Olivia was amazing. She showed heart, spine and spirit. I was shocked by her actions. Considering this is a historical romance novel and I am so very pleased by her. She stole the whole novel for me. Yes, Brody showed a presence but really it was all Olivia in my book.

These two are made for each other and wow do they burn up the pages. Ms. Lang doesn’t waste any time bringing these two together and boy howdy is it hot. Their relationship is rocky yet sexy, their banter is spunky and entertaining and the plot is adventurous and thrilling.

I’m not really sure if all the siblings will get their story told, but I’m here for the long haul. The ongoing plot is rather ordinary, but I’m here 100% for the family. My heart goes out to them and I cheer their happiness because life does go on after death and loss. I just hope we don’t have to wait too long for a resolution. The thought of Benjy being out in the world alone, just breaks my heart. The Graham’s are a fascinating family and I can’t wait until they have their justice.

Brody is a sexy, exciting ride. Ms. Lang has penned a refreshingly exhilarating adventure that will keep you seated in your saddle and sweating bullets!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brody.