Shehreyar Khan's Reviews > One Foot in the Grave

One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Jul 03, 12

bookshelves: vamp-alert, violent, urban, paranormal, 2012, fantasy
Read in July, 2012

3.5/5 (but I can't choose that rating because goodreads has a pain in its ass).

Anyways...this wasn't as good as the first but only because it felt like this one was written for women specifically. That doesn't mean it's bad, just that the romance was a little too frequent at time. I like characters who handle business during business time and the rest when they're alone in a bedroom.

However, the action was excellent. There was a lot of killing (staking, shooting, knives, flying, staking, and staking), and you get to know a little more about Cat, or Cathrine, and how she came to be. Of course, you meet her jackass father, but of course, he doesn't die, because that would just be too convenient and we wouldn't want that, would we?

As I mentioned, there was a fair amount of romance and one or two scenes that had me glancing over my should in case someone was reading from behind, so I'm guessing female readers might like this a little better, not that female readers like romance only , but because I feel like Jeaniene Frost wrote it this time with women in mind.

That's about all I have to say, oh and the cover makes no sense at all. I kept looking through the book to find at what point a motorbike makes an appearance, but the most I saw was a white van where they kill a bunch of vampires so...?
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Foot in the Grave.