All Things Urban Fantasy's Reviews > Altered

Dec 28, 12

bookshelves: 2013-january-hotp, reviewed-by-abigail
Read in December, 2012

Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

I’m a big action movie junkie. I love the shoot outs, the car chases, the heart stopping moments when it seems impossible for the good guy to survive. Add in a little romance and I’m in heaven. ALTERED by Jennifer Rush has all of that. It’s like a YA version of The Bourne Identity, but instead of one Matt Damon, we get four.

What I especially loved about ALTERED was that it didn’t sacrifice character development for the sake of action. Each of the boys in ALTERED have a subtle and distinct personality. Any one of them could have been the protagonist of their own book. We get to know each of them intensely through the eyes of Anna, but there is a special focus on Sam, the quiet and strong leader.

The mystery in ALTERED was also fantastic. Tons of surprising twists and perfectly paced clues. There was nothing predictable about how the plot unfolded, and yet, looking back, every significant event and revelation was foreshadowed so that it ended up fitting perfectly. Now that’s skilled writing.

Intense and exhilarating, ALTERED mixes suspenseful action, juicy mystery, and intoxicating romance. I did not want it to end. Fortunately, there are two more books currently planned. There is a very satisfying resolution at the end, so my mind is already running wild about what may lay in store for these characters.

Sexual Content:
Kissing

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Altered.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Maria ah Abbi did i say i love ya girl?

All Things Urban Fantasy Maria wrote: "ah Abbi did i say i love ya girl?"

LOL Review to come!

Maria It will be ironic to post it in every TBR book so i just decide to have it in only one.. Hurray up for the review please!! I havent decide it for this yet... =)

message 4: by Jaclyn (new) - added it

Jaclyn I love action movies too! Sounds like my kind of book. Excellent review :)

All Things Urban Fantasy Jaclyn wrote: "I love action movies too! Sounds like my kind of book. Excellent review :)"

I hope you love it as much as I did :)