Crystal's Reviews > Lover at Last

Lover at Last by J.R. Ward

Apr 19, 13

bookshelves: 2013
Read from March 27 to 30, 2013

First let me say that I love BDB, I absolutely love the writing, the characters, the world and just everything about this series. That being said I have to confess I am so disappointed in this installment. Maybe I went into it with too high of expectations or maybe when it comes down to it nothing would have satisfied me I am not sure which it is, but I am so sad at the moment.

Lover at Last is Qhuinn and Blay’s story. After several books leading up to their conclusion we readers were finally going to get their story. Their road has not been an easy one and knew going in that I was in for an emotional ride. What I got was very emotional, but so very different than what I was expecting. Key things were left out of their story that I have become accustomed too with the BDB series. The whole “Mine” concept and the bonding scent were two of the main things I so could not wait for and sadly they weren’t there. The males in the BDB world are very aggressive and do not share so I expected some explosive scenes seeing as how both characters were male, I just don’t know what happened! I know I keep saying I expected this and got that but I just don’t know what else to say.

It was beautiful and romantic but unfortunately it was shoved between four other stories within this monster of a book. I know Wards formula is typically one book per couple with a few chapters dedicated to the overall storyline, but with four other stories going on and two of them being with two somewhat new characters Qhuay’s story was cut so short and that might have been some of the problem. Not all mind you because both characters still were not themselves. I really don’t want to rant because I love Ward and her series, but Qhuinn and Blay deserved so much more than what they got. They deserved to have their moment in a much more intimate setting and they deserved to have a real song if they were going to have one. Every other character in this world has gotten their big moment, even the whole Jane ghostie situation had more in it then Qhuays.

I know I will read the next installment, but it is only because certain things have been promised in regards to Qhuinn and Blay and yes I am not happy that I have to wait another year for more Qhuay. Their story should have ended in this one…okay I am just going to leave it because the more I type the madder I get.

Lover at Last was an okay book that introduced several new characters, but it was not THE story we were promised. One of my stars is for the world that Ward has created because I do love it and the other star is for Qhuinn and Blay because we do get their story to a point.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover at Last.

Arlene Excitement!

Crystal *jumps up and down* If we are this excited now can you imagine when it actually comes out??

Arlene @ Crystal. It feels so far away! (view spoiler)

I clicked on that link and shut it down... quickly! LOL Thanks for sharing. :)

Arlene Well, I should know what to expect from your links now. :P So I guess I have to say the warning was assumed, but since we're talking about Qhuay I just have to look. :P

Arlene LOL about the spoiler. :) Good luck on the mission girls. Make me proud! :D

Crystal @Chanda HELLO!! I love that pic!!

@Arlene LMAO!! (view spoiler)

We are on it Arlene!! Operation Qhuay will commence on Sat!! *hands out ninja wear* Still on the ninja kick =P

Arlene Thanks twinie! XD

That reminds me... I saw this the other day and thought of you. :P

Crystal LMAO!! I love it!! I need to post that on my wall!!

Crystal I'm starting today weeee!!!