Saly's Reviews > Bride Required

Bride Required by Alison Fraser

3192922
Apr 09, 12

bookshelves: category-romance, harlequin-presents, harlequin-silhouette, read-in-2012, virgin-heroines
Read in April, 2012

I didn't enjoy this book much though it could have been good it was just so dry, yes that is the word for it. The heroine Dee is sarcastic 90% of the time and I don't mind sarcasm and use it a lot but too much of it is irritating. The hero finds her on the street begging, she's homeless and almost 18, she ran away from her house when her step-father tried to make a move on her, she went home once it seemed okay then he started again and this time she didn't go back.

She might be 18 but she is too cynical and old and doesn't believe in good people and even marriage. The hero has a hard time making her accept help, he actually presents a marriage proposition to her, business only, she agrees and is later the next day and when he comes to find her she is injured and her the place she is sleeping gone.

She is stubborn and almost doesn't let him get her help and in her stubbornness even lets him take her home where she immediately realizes she doesn't want to be there. He takes her to his place, they share some kisses but he stops, he's an honourable guy and older than her(34).

Few weeks pass and that makes her realize she loves him and he is her soul-mate but he doesn't seem to look at her that way, but there is way too much drama and I found her immature, she agrees to marry another guy so that he is not deported(he was the groom he had propositioned her for), even when he tells her she doesn't need to do that and shouldn't , her pride as usual comes in the way.

Of course it doesn't happen and he tells her that she can stay as long as she wants and he loves her and we get a HEA. I dunno I have enjoyed some books which have a big age difference but here I found the heroine immature and there weren't much sparks between them except for the handful of times they kissed or made out.

And she turned eighteen before they actually did something for those who care.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bride Required.