Rachel Harris's Reviews > Tributary

Tributary by Lisa Tawn Bergren

2098460
Anyone who knows me knows that I love Italy, I love time travel stories, and I have a fascination with the medieval and Renaissance periods in world history....I guess it's not that shocking that it is what I wrote my own debut about. When I discovered the River of Time series, I instantly fell in love--I found it a little late, just a few months ago, but the joy in that was that I was able to read ALL the books in one week. From WATERFALL (book 1), through CASCADE (book 2) and TORRENT (book 3), and then the follow-up novella, BOURNE (book 3.1), I could not get enough of these characters, this exciting world, and the sigh-worthy romance.

Needless to say, I was ecstatic to discover another novella was in the works, and immediately began stalking Lisa (in the most friendly way possible, of course) for updates on TRIBUTARY (book 3.2). I knew to expect nothing short of greatness, and I was right.

This story follows all the characters we've grown to love from the previous books, but Gabi and Marcello take a step back to give center stage to sister Lia and hottie Luca, along with my favorite tortured hero Rodolfo (Lord Greco) and a new fun character Alessandra. The romance, action, adventure, and fun is all there, and as always, Lisa packs more than should be humanly possible into a novella-length novel that never feels overwhelming, and always leaves you wanting more. Since we are so far into the series, I fear talking too much about the plot itself in case I ruin the journey for any newcomers, so just know....it's awesome. And if you're a long-time fan, you'll fall even more in love with this world after this installment.

You must read this series. Lisa is a doll, the stories sweep you away, and the boys, they are hot I tell you.....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tributary.

06/13/2012 "Loving this....wish there were more hours in the day! I <3 being in this world"