Ann has a dirty mouth's Reviews > Owning Arabella

Owning Arabella by Shirl Anders

Apr 10, 12

bookshelves: historical, extra-smutty
Read from April 09 to 10, 2012

I am kind of at a loss on how to rate this book, because it was a very cute book, but not at all what I was expecting.

For anyone who thought that being kidnapped by a guy named Darth would be a gritty and rapey experience, you should be forewarned that he is pretty much the nicest kidnapper in the world. I feel like he didn't really seriously entertain the idea of actually keeping Arabella as a slave for more than a couple hours. He is also the only man in the world who rapes a chick by going down on her. I mean, it was hot, but I wanted to tell him "you're doing it wrong!" If you are going to be kidnapped, be lucky that you end up with this guy, and not say the guy from Owned and Owner or The Wolf and the Dove. What can I say, I am a super huge fan of kidnapped heroine books and this one didn't really do it for me. She got tied up for like 10 minutes, spanked once, and pretty much the meanest thing that happened was that she was forced to wear a frilly nightgown.

Anyways, Arabella was also kind of TSTL in parts for me, and if she had just let him know what was going on this book would have been like 3 pages long, and it is already really short! It should also go without saying that the historical authenticity of this book makes Julia Quinn look like a dry academic of the regency era.

Also, this book has an assload of hilarious previews at the end- I got a huge kick out of reading some of them out loud to my husband. On the Nook edition I have, nearly the last 30 pages is previews- I thought that was kind of a lot for a book of this length.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Owning Arabella.

04/09/2012
30.0% "Darth doesn't seem like a proper historical name unless you are a Sith Lord- I am pretending his name is Garth."