Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)'s Reviews > Wildest Dreams

Wildest Dreams by Kristen Ashley

3.5 Stars

Finnie knows to live each day to the max as it could be your last, this is what her parents taught her before they tragically died one one of their adventures when Finnie was 15. So, when she is given the chance to travel to another universe for a year and swap with her other dimensional self, that is what she does. However, as soon as Finnie gets there she realises that she has been tricked. She has arrived on her other dimension self's wedding day and is 5 minutes away from marrying the biggest scariest looking man she has ever seen, Frey Drekker and worse he looks at her like he despises her...what has her adventure got her into...

Apart from the new world Finnie finds her self in, this book is actually very similar to Kristen Ashley's contemporary books. Instead of the hero being a tough alpha male cop/Detective/business man he is instead a tough alpha male Warrior. So, although she is a fantasy, don't let that out you off, if you have enjoyed her contemporary books, you will probably like this one as well.

I think the reason I have only given it 3.5 stars is because as it was a fantasy I was expecting something a little different but I didn't find that in this book. However, I did enjoy it, I love KA's heroes, they are always so delicious and Frey Drekker was no exception, he was annoyingly high handed but so sweet I am sure I developed some tooth cavities whilst reading.

The story in this was a little slow and it was more about the relationship between Frey and Finie rather then what was happening in the new world that KA created. But I like that it was character driven although it was a shame to waste such a new back drop to her stories. However, I have heard some great things about the next book in the series and can't wait to read it!

If you like fantasy romance a good series is: Warprize by Elizabeth Vaughn

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wildest Dreams.