Maija's Reviews > Waiting

Waiting by Carol Lynch Williams

Aug 07, 12

bookshelves: may-2012
Read on August 07, 2012

These are just my thoughts, call it what you want- a review, bragging, ect.

I really didn't feel a connection the the story, maybe because of all that talk about Jesus and God, or London halucinating, but it was light, even though the story was sad.
London's mom was so messed up, she made her dad's and London's life more misserable by ignoring her only daughter and just walking around the city the whole day. I get that she lost her son, but she should have seeked for help, maybe a counselor. I was glad that London's mom just left in the end.
I have to be honest, I really didn't like all that God and Jesus talk, because it was...too much, like the author wanted me to start believe. At some point London acted like a lunatic, she thought that Jesse is Jesus and that her brother talks to her, that Jesus touched her.
The whole talk of God just drew me away. I'm not sure I believe in Him, but I know there is something out there, something that isn't imagined by a bunch of monks who smoked weed and liked astronomy.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Waiting.

08/07/2012
2.0% "I had a classmate from 9th gade, she was really funny and light, optimistic and kind of smart. Her dad died about a year ago in 8th grade. She was strong and came to school, even though she wanted to cry and cried, had puffy eyes and all. She came the next day she found out about the accident, too. BUT now, she's the same she was before, her friends didn't leave her.So now, I think, why does London has such troubles?"
08/07/2012
2.0% "I know, she just isn't real. Life and fiction isn't going to be the same, but the author could have tried a bit more"
08/07/2012
7.0% "so...she's a lunatic"
08/07/2012
30.0% "I'm sure they haven't heard about this great way how to move on- psychiatric counseling"