Anders Petersen's Reviews > His Dark Materials

His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman

Jun 22, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, adventure
Recommended for: Everybody with love for fantasy.
Read from January 13 to March 17, 2012 — I own a copy

I really liked these books, my favorite being the subtle knife.
I watched the Golden Compass in the cinema and did enjoy it. The books however blew my mind away. There were days, when I simply could not put the books down.
When I finished the last one, I had a mixed feeling of satisfaction of the plot as a whole and sadness that I couldn't read anymore of the exiting universe.

I liked it all, the characters, the environment, the adventure and just the universe all together. I have always enjoyed fantasy and this was just the books for me.
If you love fantasy, I bet you will have a hard time putting this down. Seriously what is there not to love? Witches, Armored Bears, Creatures of Heaven, humans of good and evil and battles of good (free will) versus evil (church, the abolishment of free will.)

The problem about these books, is some religious people see these books as blasphemy, because Pullman in this universe describe the church as a bad thing.
However I really liked how he described the church, because I personally feel that this is the way religion really is like (even today.)

If you like books, like Harry Potter or Lord Of The Rings, I bet you will enjoy this. I know I did.

9/10

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His Dark Materials.