Cheryl's Reviews > Creepers

Creepers by David Morrell

Aug 22, 2008

Read in September, 2008

A team of creepers otherwise known as urban explorers are gearing up for their next expedition to the famous Paragon Hotel. The group consists of Robert Conkin, a professor of history at the State University in Buffalo, Vincent Vanelli, high school teacher, Cora and Rick Magill both graduates from State University, and last but not least is Frank Balenger, a reporter with the New York Times Sunday Magazine.

The Paragon Hotel was designed by Morgan Carlisle, who was a very wealthy man. Once inside the hotel the group starts running into some very bizarre and strange things including mutated critters. Beware those that go bump in the night.

When I first read the summary for this book I thought this might be an ok work of fiction. It only took me reading a little ways into this book and I was hooked. David Morrell turned Creepers into a hauntingly, spine-tingling good old fashion horror novel. I found it spooky how each room in the hotel kept getting scarier and scarier; bring the group closer to the evil that dwells in the Paragon Hotel. I would read another book by Mr. Morrell.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Creepers.