Shayantani Das's Reviews > City of Bones

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Apr 12, 12

Read from April 09 to 12, 2012

Clary, the main protagonist of the book accidently trips and the next thing she know, she is kissing a guy, Jace, the new hot thing in YA, who eventually turns out to be (view spoiler), while she goes on being the goody two shoes who is the victim of circumstances. Pathetic YA heroines, you have a competitor.
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Bones.

04/09/2012 page 125

Harini Dont read my review before you complete the book :P. Btw, how are you liking the book so far?

Shayantani Das Ooops, already did. :P
And now the similarities with HP keep glaring at me. Anyway, the book is decent enough. I like it!

message 3: by Ananda (new)

Ananda G How is it so far I have to buy it so :( *tear* so I can't read it

message 4: by Ananda (new)

Ananda G It was that bad tanu wow

Shayantani Das Ananda wrote: "It was that bad tanu wow"

Oh no, it was even worse. I am getting sick of YA really.

message 6: by Ananda (new)

Ananda G Wow I'm sorry I hope your new book is better lol :)

message 7: by Ananda (new)

Ananda G Wait what in the world is YA anyway lol ?

Shayantani Das Hahaha, its Young Adult, generally aimed at the 15- 21 age group, usually filled with teen angst, love triangles and all that. The good part is the fast paced plots and the cliffhanger ending. It is like junk food for the brain :P

message 9: by Ananda (new)

Ananda G Hahah lol how old are you? I'm thirteen and I love junk food fir the brain hahahah

message 10: by M-e-i-l-y (new)

M-e-i-l-y Haha I kind of expected this book to be bad. Don't give up on YA, there are still good books out there ;)

message 11: by Ananda (new)

Ananda G She has a point though haha

message 12: by Ananda (new)

Ananda G Hey you girls

message 13: by Pragya (new) - added it

Pragya Uh oh, and everyone's been loving this series...hmm...

Shayantani Das Just click on the view spoiler thingy on my review and I promise you, you will feel nauseated!

Prashant Tanu wrote:
I am getting sick of YA really."

You said it all here. I had the same feeling after reading this book. Have put on hold all the YA books I had purchased till then.

I don't know how much time will I take to recover from this trauma.
One good came out of it though, I started to purchase more of non-fictions after this book. Especially Bill Bryson!

Shayantani Das Thanks to this monstrosity (OOPS)book, I started reading some of the books I have been shirking off for a long time. (namely, To The Lighthouse).
I guess, it did both of us some good at least :P

Prashant Tanu wrote: "Thanks to this monstrosity (OOPS)book, I started reading some of the books I have been shirking off for a long time. (namely, To The Lighthouse).
I guess, it did both of us some good at least :P"

Yes it definitely did.

I explored and found Gogol only after reading this book. And now he is right up there with my favorite authors.