Brittany's Reviews > Rescue Ink: How Ten Guys Saved Countless Dogs and Cats, Twelve Horses, Five Pigs, One Duck,and a Few Turtles

Rescue Ink by Rescue Ink

Apr 23, 2012

bookshelves: anthrozoology
Read from April 16 to 17, 2012

It would have been very difficult to make this a bad book. You would have needed an extremely inept author. Denise Flaim is not an inept author. She's not an especially skilled one either, but she didn't have to be to make this a wonderful book. The story and the characters shine through the clumsy writing and low-level but persistent casual sexism. My only other caveat would be the remarkably shallow, one-sided and naive treatment of TNR given, but as that wasn't at all the point of the book, I'm not too upset.

Rescue Ink is a group that bills itself as taking an "in-your-face" approach to animal abuse. And, let's face it, there is something irresistibly appealing about a bunch of big, burly, tattooed, macho guys running around rescuing defenseless animals. You can't help but love them. This is an extremely interesting book, one that gives you hope in humanity and the whole world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rescue Ink.

Quotes Brittany Liked

“I hated cats. I was a dog lover," Des says with a shrug. "What's the point of a cat? They're not affectionate. But that's because it's not my cat. I mean, your wife wouldn't jump on my lap. That's because she's your wife, not mine. Until you have your own cat, you really don't understand.”
Denise Flaim, Rescue Ink: How Ten Guys Saved Countless Dogs and Cats, Twelve Horses, Five Pigs, One Duck,and a Few Turtles

04/16/2012 page 14
5.0% "I remember reading about Clara and Rescue Ink when she was first lost, then found. I think then, as I thought now, that you couldn't make up a cooler group to profile than these guys."
04/16/2012 page 64
25.0% "I just noticed that judging by the call number, this book is shelved in the philosophy section."
show 1 hidden update…