Candy's Reviews > The Disappearance of Georgiana Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Mystery

The Disappearance of Georgiana Darcy by Regina Jeffers

Apr 18, 12

bookshelves: austenesque
Read from April 09 to 14, 2012

Awesomeness! I love that The Disappearance of Georgiana Darcy is a sequel to Christmas at Pemberley, a fact I did not know before I started reading it, not to mention what a great story it is!

Upset over hearing some bad news, Georgiana charges off on her horse towards the Scottish moors. Thrown from her horse, she wakes up in a strange room with no recollection of how she got there. When Darcy and Elizabeth find out she is missing, they go to Scotland to try to locate her. Colonel Fitzwilliam, now a Major General, also races up to find her.

Not only do we have the mystery of Georgiana's disappearance, but there is so much more going on. The family is gathering at Pemberley for Kitty's wedding, the Wickhams show up creating a bit of family drama. Wickham is still blaming Darcy for all his misfortunes, and indeed his misfortunes are great and keep growing.

I found it very interesting to see Lydia realizing that her sisters have made much better marriages than she did. Mrs. Bennet has her eyes opened to that fact also!

Jeffers did an excellent job leading me through this mystery and having all these side plots going on at the same time, without overwhelming me. I have to admit that I was surprised and didn't figure out the mystery until it was revealed to me. Well done!

If you love the Darcys and a mystery, this is definitely the story for you! Even though it is a sequel, I think it could be read alone. There is much reflecting back to both Pride and Prejudice and Christmas at Pemberley.

By the way, I love the cover!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Disappearance of Georgiana Darcy.