Ashley - Book Labyrinth's Reviews > Life on the Edge

Life on the Edge by Jennifer Comeaux

Jul 13, 15

bookshelves: for-review, from-author, ebook, new-adult, dac-2012, na-recs, sports-romance
Read from April 18 to 19, 2012 — I own a copy

This book is absolutely perfect for fans of contemporary romance. It’s also a sports romance and new adult (it features characters that are 19 or older), so it really fits into a lot of great subgenres.

I really loved the romance in this book because the characters had a connection, but a real growing relationship as well. They fell in love gradually, over a longer period of time, and that made it seem all the more real. The forbidden aspect of Emily and Sergei’s relationship also made it a little bit spicy and interesting, I must admit. Basically I just loved this romance because of how real and deep it felt; it definitely made me smile throughout the whole book.

Besides the romance this book has a great thing going for it with the skating theme. I’ve never actually been a huge figure skating fan, but I do love the Olympics and sports-themed books. You can really feel Emily’s passion for the sport, and it will make you excited to cheer for her and her skating partner, Chris. The author’s clear understanding of the sport is passed along to the reader effortlessly, so even if you’ve never watched skating before you’ll at least gain a basic understanding and appreciation of it.

'Life on the Edge' features strong writing, strong secondary characters, and interesting side plots. I adored the romance, but I also loved how it wasn’t all romance all the time. If you’re at all interested in books of this genre then do yourself a favour and pick this one up. I really enjoyed it, and I look forward to reading more from Jennifer Comeaux in the future.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life on the Edge.

Jennifer Comeaux Wheeee!!!!! :)