Nshslibrary's Reviews > Section 8

Section 8 by K'wan

U 50x66
Apr 09, 12

Read in April, 2012

If you're from the city and have been involved with drugs, alcohol, violence, or want to know about what people’s lives are like that are involved with these things, then this book is just for you. Section 8 is filled with events that teens in high school go through involving drugs, and alcohol and learning to deal with the events and hardships that come their way. I myself have had friends go through times that put their lives at risk and had to cope with hardships like the teens in this book. That’s what made me so interested in this book. Tionna and her friends' lives start out perfect in the beginning and as the book continues, we see them choose drugs/alcohol and go through events that aren’t the best for them. These specific events lead up to the climax of the book. So if you like to read books that make you wonder more and more as the book continues on then this book is right for you. Tionna (the main character) is involved in relationships that contemplate how she lives and result in the actions she chooses throughout the book. This book is a great read if you’re into books about the city and what happens within the city, which we don’t normally see or hear about on the outside. Lastly, I would recommend this book because of its descriptions and the events that happen in this book. It is so descriptive that you can visualize what events are going on in the book and feel as though your are actually there.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Section 8.