Cassandra Shanahan's Reviews > City of Lost Souls

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

May 30, 12

bookshelves: owned
Read from May 09 to 19, 2012

That was a very hot scene!

Merged review:

I want to start by saying that I understand that people have a problem with Cassandra Clare continuing The Mortal Instruments series and not finishing with City of Fallen Angels. The best thing to do is to pretend it was the last one and not to read anymore. Problem solved.

Now for the rest of us who wish the series never had to end, I wanted start with what I loved about City Of Lost Souls. First, I loved that the book was 540pages long. I loved that we got to see more of Izzy, Alec, Maia and of course Magnus. There are so many characters to fall in love with. My favorite couple in this book was Jordan and Maia followed closely by Isabelle and Simon.

There are only two bad things for me:

1) I didn’t find it as addictive compared to the other installments.

2) Clary was pretty annoying at times.

I can’t wait for the next book to come out. I’m sad it’s the last one but I am curious to see where it goes. What will happen with Alec, and Magnus? What about Simon? He isn’t protected anymore and a very big will Clary and Jace finally do it!

One book to go and we have to wait till March 2014. It just doesn’t seem fair but the good news is the next book in the prequel to The Mortal Instruments, Clockwork Princess, will be out in March 2013 to keep us occupied.

If you haven’t read Cassandra Clare’s prequel to The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal devices, Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince, make sure you do. I loved picking up the crossovers in City of Lost Souls.

Also don’t forget to check out all the deleted chapters from City of Lost Souls (there is a very hot scene). You can find these on Cassandra Clare’s Goodreads page.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Lost Souls.

Quotes Cassandra Liked

Cassandra Clare
“And what if I'm the one who kills him?" "My heart is your heart," he said, "My hands are your hands.”
Cassandra Clare, City of Lost Souls

05/13/2012 page 327
61.0% "I am loving every page."