Lisa (Lost in Literature)'s Reviews > Kiss Me, Dancer

Kiss Me, Dancer by Alicia Street

Kiss Me, Dancer is the story of Casey, a dance instructor that lives her life often overlooked, both in her family and in her personal life, and Drew, a wealthy, egotistical, over-the-top womanizer who hates to fail, loves to win, and doesn't care who he steps on to get there. Casey spends her life doing for others, never believing anything good will ever come to her (either because she will fail or because she doesn't believe she deserves anything good to begin with.) and Drew has had his entire life planned for him by his father from day one. Complete opposites that find themselves in a sizzling love affair that they both try to fight from the very beginning.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The characters are very creative and well developed. I especially loved Drew's son, Josh, who's a very shy hip-hop dancer in Casey's class, who little by little is learning to come out of his shell. This story has the perfect amount of giggles, gasps, and anxious page-turning to keep the reader interested. I was particularly on the edge of my seat during the psychic reading parts - is she going to tell Drew it's her? Will he ever speak to her again if she does?

I do have to admit though that I didn't much care for the cover, and at first glance wasn't too sure that this book was for me. I tend to be more of a "Cover Girl" and I find myself judging books by their covers. But I'm so happy I gave this one a chance because I was definitely pleasantly surprised! I would strongly recommend this book to anyone that enjoys chick lit and is looking for their next good read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss Me, Dancer.