Junix Jerald's Reviews > My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

Apr 13, 2012

Read in January, 2011

It was my first time to read a novel by Jodi Picoult, so I didn’t know what to expect. I wasn’t familiar to her way of writing and all; I just knew that My Sister’s Keeper was a good book. Well, I have heard people talk about it.

One of my friends told me, “OMG! THE MOVIE’S SUPERB! LEAKS ALL THE LIQUID IN YOUR BODY THROUGH YOUR EYES.” Sounds exaggerated, right? But no, if you actually read the book, what she said will sound like an understatement to you.

I finished reading My Sister’s Keeper at 1:03 AM last January 7, 2011. I could not put the book down while I was reading the part where the hearing was going on. I wanted to know what would happen next. I’m amazed that my eyes cooperated.

The story was well written. All the characters and the situations, they just complement each other. Everything fits. Picoult showed how one decision could greatly affect your life, and the lives of the people around you.

Generally, I think that buying this book was not a wrong move after all. Though what I felt after reading the last words was bittersweet, I’m still glad I read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Sister's Keeper.