Belinda's Reviews > Lord Sunday

Lord Sunday by Garth Nix

Apr 08, 12

bookshelves: action, adventure, children-s-book, fantasy, favourites, reviews, ya, 2012
Read in April, 2012

I think the ending was perfect? In the way that it stayed true to the rest of the books.

Though, I am a little saddened by the ending. I wanted more. But, as I said, I think this last book didn't differ from the previous books, as in the book and the characters didn't suddenly become something they weren't. I really enjoyed the book and series as well, and I guess I'm kind of sad that it's finished.

Oh well, it's a good series.

I recommend it to anyone who just wants to dip into the fantasy world, with a smart and grounded twelve-year old boy. It's not over the top with magic. In general, the story is quite realistic (despite the magic and stuff), as in it's not all happy-endings and sunshine. There's enough bad things that happen to show that the world ain't made out of cotton balls and smiles.

I like this series and book. I like, no, love the characters. They were all quite interesting, lovely and charming. I'm happy I got to read this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord Sunday.