Terri 's Reviews > The Leopard Prince

The Leopard Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt

Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: regency
Read from April 29 to 30, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Story was good. I liked the characters. I do get a little tired of this author's use of fulgar words, her writing is good enough that she doesn't need to devolve to such crude shock techniques. If you have read and liked the other books in this series, you will likely enjoy this one.

The frustration for me was the formatting. I read this on Kindle, and found the editing really sloppy. There was a partial sentence thrown in, at one point, that made no sense. I read it over and over trying to make sense of it, only to find the sentence repeated in the next line, with the corrections made - as though we have been presented with the author's rough draft.

Also, the dialogue, particularly at the end of the book, was really poorly formatted. Intead of the old tried-and-true method of beginning a new paragraph with a new speaker, the dialogue got thrown altogether. In one spot, I found dialogue from three different speakers in one short paragraph, with no description of who is speaking. Although I was able to discern the speaker by the content in that situation, there were several other instances where it was unclear.

For as much as we are paying for book, especially e-books which do not require printing costs, we should be able to expect a little more professionalism in the editing. Is it fair to give lower marks for a book with substandard editing? You bet! The editing in this book was so sloppy, it was distracting for me (the reader) and detracted from my enjoyment of the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Leopard Prince.