Dayang Noor's Reviews > Only Time Will Tell

Only Time Will Tell by Jeffrey Archer

Apr 12, 12

Read in April, 2012

When I bought this book, my husband congratulated me because it's part 1 of a Saga. Oh well, it seemed, I'll need to buy a few more after this one. So, can't stop at one, right?
It's been more than 5 months since I have it on my bookshelf. only managed to finish reading it last night. So many distractions.
Since it's Book1, there are introductions to the main characters, many surprises and really interesting stories about school and college years. My favorite character has got to be Old Jack or Captain Jack Tarrant. He's mysterious yet a very gentle and wise old man.
I started hating Hugo Barrington since the first few pages. Stupid, selfish, opportunist, cruel, egoist and all the negative characteristics of a man I could think of.
I was enjoying the book until the last 50 pages. It seemed to me it was rather rushed towards the end. Now I'm contemplating getting the 2nd book (which I saw is now available in major bookstores).
The author is very ambitious with this Clifton Chronicles but I've always preferred his collections of short stories. ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only Time Will Tell.